Sunday, November 16, 2008

For a Rainy Day

The top 15 books that should occupy your nightstand sometime this year:
1.  Till We Have Faces, C.S. Lewis
2.  Les Miserables, Victor Hugo
3.  A Tale of Two Cities, Charles Dickens
4.  Becoming Conversant with the Emerging Church, D.A. Carson
5. Hope Has Its Reasons, Rebecca Manley Pippert
6. The Only Wise God: The Compatibility of Divine Foreknowledge and Human Free Will, Dr. William Lane Craig
7. The Last Battle (read the other 6 first:), C.S. Lewis
8. Harry Potter (any of them!)
9. Letters to Children, C.S. Lewis
10. Mission Possible, Marilyn Laszlo
11. The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas
12. Desiring God, John Piper
13. Love and Respect, Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
14. Little Women, Louissa May Alcott
15. Rene Descartes: Meditations and Other Metaphysical Writings

If you're looking for a quicker read, check out C.S. Lewis' essay, The Weight of Glory.
Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Was it hard to just pick 15? Sidebar - will you be home at all over Thanksgiving? Give me a call or drop me a line and let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very difficult! I didn't want to bore my massive fan base ;) with an endless list though! I will be home for Thanksgiving! Let's meet up. I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sarah! I just finished "Till We have Faces". It is seriously one of my favorite books now! I find the character Orual fascinating as sometimes she is a villian, sometimes a hero, sometimes without word, sometimes having the most important words- her constant thoughts swaying between the mortal and immortal. This C.S Lewis book was completely captivating!
    - Capree Bell

    ReplyDelete