Monday, February 4, 2013

Letters to my life: Dancing

Dear Woman at church who thought I was 17, and advised me to consider going to Biola University after graduation,

Thank you for forgetting to wear your glasses today. It made me feel guh-reat.

Love,

In-fact-let's-all-always-forget-to-wear-our-glasses Sarah


Dear Hyphen,

How would I sign these letters without you?

Love,

The-possibilities-are-endless-thanks-to-you Sarah





Dear Apple Inc.,

Today I realized I needed to go to the store to stock up on Candy Cane Lane tea before the Christmas season is over. Then I noticed my iPhone says it's February.

You might want to have your tech guys fix the calendar app. It's clearly not working correctly.

Love,

Good-thing-you've-got-me-to-advise-you Sarah





Dear Ladies, and Gentlemen with ponytails,

A coconut oil hair mask is your new best friend. Seriously. Go try it.

Love,

'I-whip-my-hair-back-and-forth' Sarah



Dear aforementioned Gentlemen,

Your ponytail is hot. Keep it. The answer is always keep it. 

Love,

Let's-whip-our-hair-back-and-forth-together Sarah



Dear Readers who are skeptical of male ponytails,



Are you skeptical now?

Love,

Not-with-Colin-Farrell-in-the-house-you-aren't!! Sarah




Dear Life,

I like you.

Love,

Sarah




Dear God,

When I get to heaven, one of the first things I want to do is watch Joni Eareckson-Tada dance.

Love,

And-then-maybe-you-and-I-and-the-rest-of-heaven-can-dance-with-her? Sarah



© by scj

6 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog, Sarah. You are always rejoicing even over tiny things and that is super cool :) Maybe you've read Cold Tangerines? The writer has an outlook on life that reminds me of you. I just read it in two days this past weekend.
    By the way, I'm not sure how I found your blog 6 months ago or so, but I read it all the time. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny!

      Thank you for your kind words. I have read 'Cold Tangerines'! I enjoyed her story-telling style, and am tickled that I remind you of her. I'd like to read her other book 'Bittersweet,' too. Have you read it? I've heard it's also a good read.

      I'm glad you dropped me a note. It's such fun to meet my readers.

      -S

      Delete
  2. I haven't read that one yet, but I would love to - as well as her new book coming out this spring that deals with the subject of food. I love food. Really love it. And I love the idea that food shared with people is one of the best ways to build relationships. I definitely agree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know she had another book coming out! You might also enjoy the book "The Spirit of Food." It's an anthology of essays about food, spirituality and theology that are just lovely. It's a really terrific read.

      Delete
  3. Like the last one best of all...

    ReplyDelete