Friday, June 13, 2014

Another list: because lists make me believe I'm organized

1. I've been laughing fit to kill all week. Which is funny because I literally did not see a single soul, with the exception of the tow truck driver, from Friday afternoon to Wednesday evening due to sickness and car problems. I'm used to laughing the most when people are around.

For some reason, though, I've been lying in bed, my shoulders shaking from deep belly laughs. I can't help it. Laughter has been hovering just under my adam's apple since Monday. I'm loving this, although I can't figure out why I'm suddenly so giddy. The only thing I can figure is that someone has been praying for me this week and asking God to give me the gift of laughter.

Isn't that a lovely prayer? We should all stop and pray for that gift for someone we know right now.



2. The other day I walked past this feather and felt a surge of delight:



Just think of all the things I could do with that feather! I could use it as a quill and make accompanying ink from berries. I could craft Pocahontas earrings. I could stick it in my hat and call it macaroni. Little kid Sarah was delighted with the possibilities.

But then adult Sarah stepped in and shouted, "DON'T TOUCH THAT FEATHER! The germs, Sarah; just think of all the microscopic germs that are coating that thing and waiting to infect you and change your life forever."

So I walked away without touching the feather.

Adult Sarah can be such a killjoy sometimes.


3. The best way to quiet adult Sarah and encourage little kid Sarah is to play. I am so thankful for a body that's allowing me to be physically playful these days. In particular, frisbee has become one of the joys of my life.



All the running and jumping: it makes me feel like an NBA superstar. You should try it sometime.


4. I recently discovered the best gluten-free pasta of life. This is the brand, in case you're interested.


Also, the guy holding this pasta is a good-looking, hard-working Christian guy who runs a restaurant and is covered in tattoos. Tattoos make me weak at the knees. Well, tattoo sleeves do anyway. Lone tattoos aren't my fave.

My aunt wanted to set me up with said guy, but he's moving to Arizona soon, so it's a no-go. But hey, I enjoyed admiring his tattoos while he showcased these noodles at least. ;) I wasn't stealth enough to get a photo of the guy holding the noodles, so you can just admire his thumbnail.

5. I've raided the drugstore and now I'm ready for summer, kids.



Wanna come play with me? Also, Laffy Taffy question of the day: what has a bottom on its top?

Answer: your legs!



Happy weekend, friendlies!

-SJ


© by scj

No comments:

Post a Comment