Wednesday, October 1, 2014

An Arizona tour

This has been the fall of weekend getaways. It's been great fun traipsing about the west with the people I love — a truly delightful way to part with summer and welcome fall.

My favorite getaway last month was to my friend's family's house in Arizona. Their home was lovely and palatial, but their grounds were my absolute favorite. They were sprawling, verdant, and teeming with bougainvillea. Care to join me on a backyard tour?

(Note: all photos were taken by my friend, Laura).








The pool was the center of the grounds and featured an overflowing hot tub at one end. It also boasted a stunning view of Camelback Mountain.




Nearest the house, there was a covered sitting area. On one end of the covered area was an outdoor kitchen.







On the other side of the covered sitting area was a banquet table.






Just beyond the banquet table was another seating area (one covered and one uncovered), a grassy area, and a fountain. 






Surrounding the pool were several lounging areas. There was even a golf green, which wasn't captured on camera. I sure could get used plowing through piles of grading in these surroundings...



And that concludes my brief Arizona tour. Sweet heavens, it was a glorious place to rest!

I hope you have the loveliest October weekend, friends.

-Sarah

 



© by scj

No comments:

Post a Comment